Set default Notebook, Template, other options by Note source

mir4bell4

Idea

My default Notebook is "Random Thoughts", but there are a lot of places in Evernote where I create Notes that shouldn't go there by default.

When I create a new Note from my Calendar Widget, it should go into my "Meeting Notes" Notebook. I like the idea of creating pre-formatted Notes from this Widget, but I'd rather set my own Template than use Evernote's.

It would also be great if I could target different Notebooks with different Scratchpad Widgets when using "Convert to note", e.g. have one Scratchpad for my "Random Thoughts", another for "Projects", etc. Why have multiple Scratchpads if there's effectively no difference except color?

Additionally, there's room to improve the availability Templates. I can create a new Note > Add templates or Open Gallery > find a Template > Apply Template, but why can't I add a Shortcut that lets me create a Note from a Template in one click?

Taking it further, setting different defaults for different devices would be particularly useful for Professional users: the default Notebook for my work laptop should be "Work Notes", while my phone can stay "Random Thoughts". Even more awesome would be the option to have a different Home configuration for different devices.

In general, I'd love to see more capabilities for setting default Notebooks, Templates, Tags, and other options based on a Note's creation source, as well as shortcuts to create Notes with specific options.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

This could work for some cases, but it does not work for others. A scan can be anything, an email can be anything, an imported picture can be anything.

What I like is the solutions via predefined workflows in my ScannerPro app. I scan, hit share, hit the workflow, and the App will send the scan to the notebook selected and add the standard tags specified.

It is manual, but it does the job with one click.

• Level 5*
On 8/13/2021 at 11:45 AM, mir4bell4 said:

My default Notebook is "Random Thoughts", but there are a lot of places in Evernote where I create Notes that shouldn't go there by default.

Have you tried import folders tied to a notebook

Third party Filterize supports notebook/tag assignments