I am in the process of cleaning up my "to do" folder.  Moving one note by itself to another folder is OK except there is an annoying popup that lingers on the screen.  Moving a group of notes is UNBEARABLY SLOW!  Why not do all of this work in the background and have a simple toast message that goes away quickly when done?

Running on Windows 10 with all of the latest (non-beta) patches:

10.18.3-win-ddl-public (2820)
Editor: v128.0.16354
Service: v1.37.11
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It is not in a blink, but 2 seconds for moving a note on my Mac I don't regard as a problem. Measured when moving a note with an attachment by drag & drop from one notebook to another.

Multi-Note operations are another issue. First there still is the 50-notes-limit, second it is worked down by sequentially calling the same routines as for a single note, note by note. For a selection of 31 notes, again all with attachments, assigning 2 tags took 10 seconds, moving them to another notebook 20 sec. Not stellar, but I can still live with it.

As a workaround I use the legacy client for mass operations.This means when doing my monthly housekeeping, it still is done with legacy.

From the rumor mill I heard that EN is working on a new strategy to perform such operations much faster in v10. When available the 50 notes limit might be lifted as well. Would for me be another milestone to stop using legacy.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

As I said, I am using this double whopper strategy. At the beginning I was more in legacy than v10. This has changed since - the last booster were Import folders added to v10 - it is now appr. 80% v10, only the rest in legacy.

For actions on a set of notes like tagging or moving the legacy client is still significantly faster. This is one of the few use cases for me where I enjoy using legacy.

• Like 1

I've forgotten how much I like the legacy version!

1. Everything is faster, peppier
    1. Moving notes
    2. Viewing notes
    3. Editing notes
    4. Adding notes
  2. PDF viewing is SO MUCH BETTER
    1. Don't have to press a button to go between pages (just scroll)
  3. I actually see if I am sync'ed with the cloud

I think I am just going to stick with the legacy version until EN developers get their sh*t together.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Somehow I have the impression you are singing every day to the same tune, just the text is differing.

How much more „oh, today I tried this other feature, and imagine, it is SLOW as well“ ?

For me you say it is slow, but you don’t tell what this means in hard coin, like I did. This Action, so many notes involved, so many seconds. Then anybody could make a little check himself, whether it is similar on his own setup. Maybe you just have a slow machine, bad internet connection or interfering security software ?

And yes, v10 is not as fast as legacy, which is relatively slower, but not necessarily SLOW.

5 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Somehow I have the impression you are singing every day to the same tune, just the text is differing.

How much more „oh, today I tried this other feature, and imagine, it is SLOW as well“ ?

For me you say it is slow, but you don’t tell what this means in hard coin, like I did. This Action, so many notes involved, so many seconds. Then anybody could make a little check himself, whether it is similar on his own setup. Maybe you just have a slow machine, bad internet connection or interfering security software ?

And yes, v10 is not as fast as legacy, which is relatively slower, but not necessarily SLOW.

I can confirm that moving notes is EXTREMELY SLOW.

Yesterday I wanted to move 200+ notes and it took at least 3-5 minutes to move the maximum of 50 notes...

That means it took me more than 20 minutes to move 200 notes, where before it took literally seconds with the Legacy version.

Download: 260,9 Mbps
Upload: 188.5 Mbps
iMac (Retina 5K, 27 Zoll, End 2015)
Prozessor 3,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5