Unable to save mail-messages from Office365 using the Outlook Add-in.

Fred van den Heuvel

Idea

Hello,

I am using 2 MacBook Pro systems. On both PC's I have installed Evernote with the same credentials. One PC is my private system and the other one is a Business PC. Evernote is synchronising the content over both PC's, however when synchronising emails from outlook, this works from my business PC (and the messages are shown on both devices) but when synchronising emails from my Private PC I get an error message ("Internal error. Try again and contact Evernote Support"). I can select the different notebooks and tags that are active in Evernote, but the message itself is not synchronised. I am using the add-in for Outlook on both PC's.

Next to that I do not have any problems with web clipper, which is also perfectly synchronised.

What am I doing wrong here?

Fred

Edited by Fred van den Heuvel
Added more information for extra clarification.

9 replies to this idea

Im experiencing the exact same problem with the Add-on not working properly.  It is intermittent.  Sometimes it works fine.  I prefer not to keep sending additional emails, it really fills up my archives with duplicate emails.

• Evernote Expert

I don't use Outlook but I think the add-in only works with an account that is connected to an Exchange Server. Could you home PC not be working with Microsoft Exchange?

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005997

Did you follow the error message advice and contact Evernote support? What did they suggest?

@agsteele after you made your comment it occurred to me that I use Outlook to see my Exchange Server emails, but I also have other non-exchange emails loading into outlook.  It seems the problem i am having is only with non-exchange emails (iCloud, gmail, etc) that I get the error message, so your comment has some merit.

I wish Evernote Outlook Add-In would work with all emails connected to the Outlook Application.

• Evernote Expert

This add-in issue had been around for sometime. Long before v10 of Evernote was released. The only option is to forward my Email for non-Exchange messages or, I suppose, to cope and paste. You could create a macro to forward a message.

• Level 5

From the initial v10 release notes

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047889234

9A5A5755-B5D4-4F70-9A8E-C2B4755A2E8C.thumb.jpeg.fc733d92a0a06ddb46b374c4e2ee1d4c.jpeg

To use EN with outlook, see this help file:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005997

Note that there are configurations with outlook as mail client that won’t work. Especially in a company setup you will need admin support.

To contact support: