I use web clipper a lot.  Just upgraded to Windows v10.18.3 (wondering if that was a mistake...).  Now when I clip content, the snippet thumbnail sometimes instead looks like a document icon, not a picture from the clipping.  

snippet.jpg.88a6216058ea6a20e0a3e26533ce5382.jpg

Eg, this happens on the following page:

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/ndcn55/gardeners-world-season-2021/?episode=ny2jt7

If I delete all the pictures, wait (.... .... ....) for sync, so there is no thumbnail in the snippet view, then paste a single picture into the note,

538959016_notewithpicture.jpg.6a745c10d6db0d9a6a2b8d17716405c4.jpg

then wait  (.... .... ....) again for sync, I still don't get a thumbnail of the picture, just the document icon again.

This all worked okay in the previous Evernote version.  

How can I get it to work again?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Creating the thumbnail may take a little while - which may vary depending on the source and the size of the original;  if you don't get a picture in a day or two,  ask Support to look into this.

HI gazumped

Thanks for your answer.  I'm surprised at the "day or two" --the original pictures are not large (and the previous version was essentially immediate).  It's been a couple of days now, and no thumbnails, so I'll take your advice and ask Support.

• Level 5

There is a queue at the server, one for each task. It depends on the queue how long it takes - the individual thumbnail is very fast once it processes. 

Thumbnail creation was slow the last couple of days - eventually they will show.

If not there after 2 or 3 days, ask support.

The thing is, other things I clip, or other notes I make -- the thumbnail is there in a few seconds (although very noticeably slower than the previous version).  It's just these thumbnails.

I've put a ticket into Support.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1