• Level 5*

Hi.  If you were using a desktop for the Legacy connection,  you should have a local database copy.  If everything is missing in both versions,  it sounds more like you have inadvertently created a new account.  Try logging out and maybe use the 'forgotten password' option on Evernote.com to confirm your user details.

I too seem to have lost years of journal data. I was simply inserting some new notes with ‘My Journal in Evernote’ while on my iPhone and apparently clicked on something that instantly deleted everything but the title of my journal. Upon my return home, a very worrisome ride, I checked my desktop PC but couldn’t find the data. Doesn’t Evernote auto-save data? I can’t believe such a sophisticated app would not ask me “Are you sure you want to permanently delete this data?” and just instantly deleted it. Please provide some options for retrieving my lost journal notes.

• Level 5*
On 7/28/2021 at 12:46 AM, joelongtin said:

I too seem to have lost years of journal data. I was simply inserting some new notes with ‘My Journal in Evernote’ while on my iPhone and apparently clicked on something that instantly deleted everything but the title of my journal. Upon my return home, a very worrisome ride, I checked my desktop PC but couldn’t find the data. Doesn’t Evernote auto-save data? I can’t believe such a sophisticated app would not ask me “Are you sure you want to permanently delete this data?” and just instantly deleted it. Please provide some options for retrieving my lost journal notes.

Hi.  The most likely scenario in this thread so far is that the OP logged into the wrong account. Obviously not applicable in your case,  but I don't know of any operation that would delete the contents of a notebook if you were editing a note.  Have you checked Evernote.com and the Trash notebook in your account to see whether the files are there?  

Within an hour of the deletion, I check the Trash boxes on my PC & my iPad. I had already check the Trash on my iPhone11 that I was using when the deletion of my entire journal happened. As I said, I was inserting additional notes into the middle of my journal and, when I was moving the cursor between words, the page was instantly replaced by a blank page with only the title heading left, "My Journal in Evernote".  I will go to Evernote.com but I didn't find a direct link to tech service questions so I joined this discussion group. Thanks for getting back to me so soon. 

• Like 1