Locked into endless synch loop

vark

Idea

I was attempting to unsynch one mobile device and add a new one, when I got popup boxes for the new Tasks feature. I could not clear these popups, nor could I unsynch my old mobile device. Now, when I attempt to access my Evernote account on my MacBook, I get an endless spinning circle and cannot access my notes. Please help!!!!!

4 replies to this idea

Thanks @PinkElephant -- I was on an Android Pixel. Everything's fine now. I thought that I had lost my notes when I tried to merge a few together (the new "merged" note was empty, which is a bug that others have noted). So I was trying to stop my devices from syncing in order to save the merged notes, which led to the pop-up weirdness & panic.

I found the old notes in the trash, so I was able to recover them and restart Evernote safely. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Good you could resolve the issue.

AFAIK the merge problem only happens when one of the notes contain web clipped content.

Notes with web clips can’t be merged currently - from what I have read other notes can be merged. I am not sure (haven’t tried) if web clipped content can be merged after simplifying it.

• Like 1