Can't edit document

Go to solution Solved by Ryq G,

I used the Web Clipper to save an entire article. I only need to keep part of it.  Evernote won't allow me to edit the document.  ??

It seems that Evernote is becoming less intuitive, losing features and becoming slower.

• Level 5*

Hi.

1. When clipping (in a browser),  highlight the part you want to see and then 'clip selection' to just get part of the page.  You may be able to multi-select for more than one area,  or just clip separate areas and merge the notes after.  (Also consider an -editable- screen shot.)
  2. If your clip shows as HTML use the magic wand (hover over the top bar in the clip window) to make the content editable.  Beware that editing may have 'variable' results - clips contain hidden code characters that define style and layout.  Inadvertently messing with these can corrupt some or all of the display.
  3. If your editing issue is not due to HTML:  what, exactly, is stopping you from editing the clip?
  • Solution

Hi Gazumped.

I was using the application on my Mac.  I highlight text, but it allows me to do nothing.  But you did get me to look at the situation.  At the top of the document is an icon labeled web clipping.  (See the picture below)  When I click on that line, it allows me to simplify the formatting (remove HTML) and I can edit it.  I just didn't expect an extra step....I thought it was much like cutting and pasting.

Oh, Evernote;..can you create an error message, so that if someone clicks on text from the web clipping that says it cannot be edited until one clicks on the right place?  Or even better let's them choose to do it if they click on the text.

Solved! (For me, but will be encountered by many other.  (Amazing how simple many things are if there's just  a sign.)

ss 2021-07-03 at 1.22.25 PM.jpg

• Like 1