My custom templates are not listed when I try to add a template

Hi!

I created a Template and Saved it.

Now, I'm trying to use. So I click on New > Note 

Then, I click on Add templates but the pop-up is not listing my templates and it doesn't either a searcher or a way to access and select them.

I'm using:

• macOS Big Sur on a MacBook Pro
  • Evernote 10.16.7-mac-ddl-public 
    Editor: v126.0.16239

253851901_ScreenShot2021-06-30at5_21_16PM.png.fb612f6d6f4f93def0e55999a308e41e.png

I will appreciate help.

Thanks!

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, huichi said:

I am having the same issue that my own template is not able to generate when I create a new note!!!

Hi.  Can you supply a screenshot of the template screen?

On 7/1/2021 at 1:23 AM, Alberto00007 said:

Then, I click on Add templates but the pop-up is not listing my templates and it doesn't either a searcher or a way to access and select them.

In V10.16.7 on Windows a new note looks like this for me:

image.png.491d5cade05867241569276eecb4c4be.png

"Add more" allows you to add some more template "buttons" directly to the screen (like "reading List")  so that when you click it it adds that template to the note. The function is of limited use as it only includes 9 EN generated templates.

To add one of my own templates or one of EN's other templates I need to use Open Gallery. For me this always opens on the "My Templates" tab.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Mike P said:

To add one of my own templates or one of EN's other templates I need to use Open Gallery. For me this always opens on the "My Templates" tab.

Wow.  I'm even more underwhelmed with v10.  A least 6.25 has a simpler and more obvious option...

854901944_ScreenClip4.png.9fa6a3900ae6079d14e80dff2dd2ef33.png

• Level 5

It is very simple, and one just needs to look around bit: When you open a blank note, you simply can't save it as a template, because there is nothing in it. This "I first save it, then I do it" is typical thinking of Microsoft Office users - there templates work this way. EN does it the other way, see below.

The 2 options in a new, empty note are:

• Add a template - you can choose from templates and create a button for some of them. This makes it faster in the future - when you create a new empty note, these templates will already be there, as buttons, and can be activated with one click.

This option has not existed in legacy - and it makes a lot of sense to have (say) a meeting notes template always available. When you use it, you get more than 2 options in new notes, because it adds a button for each preselected template every time you create a note.

• The second one takes you to the templates gallery, with own and general templates. You can pick from here, but it needs more clicks.

Now this is how to fetch a template and use it, and how you make it easier next time you need an often used template.

To save a note as a template it works differently: You first set up the note, with all the little loving details that make your note design stand out. Now you click on the 3 dots top right. You get a menu, one of the options is "Save as template". Click it, and the note will be saved as a new template.

Actually template handling was improved in v10, compared to the legacy templates.