Updates Not Saved In Evernote

Hi, 

I updated a note, which I share with another person. I updated the note today and that person cannot see the updates, about 6 hours later. I cannot see my updates in the note either so I assume they're lost. 

This is really frustrating as it's a note we use regularly. Is there a reason/rule behind it e.g. both people can't be in the note at the same time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks 

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, PhilSteven said:

Is there a reason/rule behind it e.g. both people can't be in the note at the same time?

Hi.  Two people should NOT be in the same note at the same time - otherwise changes by one will be saved over changes by the other.  This is possibly what happened to your changes.  If you both were looking at the same note,  and your colleague has editing priviledges,  you may have made changes which their copy overwrote when that device synced.  You may be better off using Google Docs or Dropbox for joint editing...

Thanks for the quick response!

They said they weren't in the note, or even the app, so I'm not sure why it would do this if I'd edited it, came out of the app then went back in and the updates aren't there. Sometimes if one of us edits the note and then the other goes to view it, there is a message saying something like 'There's a conflict/newer note available'. Which ends up in loads of versions of the note. 

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Probably the best way to proceed would be to catch one of these situations, and issue a support ticket including the activity log.

Maybe tech support can reproduce what happened on the server side.

thanks PinkElephant. Is there a way of doing this on iOS, as that's where the issue happened? 

• Level 5

When you go to settings in the app, you find the support option, and inside it the ticketing.

You can write a ticket there right away (limited to 500 characters, but support only needs to be triggered by it, and comes back by email). Below the text field is the button for the activity log. It is usually preselected.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

When you go to settings in the app, you find the support option, and inside it the ticketing.

You can write a ticket there right away (limited to 500 characters, but support only needs to be triggered by it, and comes back by email). Below the text field is the button for the activity log. It is usually preselected.

Amazing! Thank you. I'll do that next time this happens.

• Like 1