Evernote 10.15.6: Annoying "pop-up" on top of the menu section

I have the following appearing on top of Evernote 10.15..6 that prevent me to access my menu:

image.png.64c6d85c10ef2ee6e4b83e6086f4d40c.png

I can't remove it.  I am under the impression that the "What new" coming with 10.15.6 failed to complete itself as I was able to click Next on the first entry presenting the new task, but after that it didn't go to the second step.

Anyone have a suggestion to get rip of this window?

• Evernote Expert

That's the pop-up that should appear when you click the green + symbol which, of course, is hidden under the pop-up. Clicking outside Evernote closes it on my machine.  If that or ESCape doesn't clear it then perhaps try clicking New Note and create something new which you can then delete. Otherwise File | Quit Evernote and restart and see what that does for you.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, agsteele said:

That's the pop-up that should appear when you click the green + symbol which, of course, is hidden under the pop-up. Clicking outside Evernote closes it on my machine.  If that or ESCape doesn't clear it then perhaps try clicking New Note and create something new which you can then delete. Otherwise File | Quit Evernote and restart and see what that does for you.

Right. Now it seems to be working as expected, clicking elsewhere actually close the window.

But earlier I faced twice a situation where this will never close itself regardless of what I was trying to do. I had to restart twice evernote.

One thing I remember, is that it occured after Evernote tried to show me the new features.  Normally it will go from Steps to Steps, but in the  case of this new version, it show me something about the new tasks feature and I think there was something like "5 dots", meaning 5 things to show, but clicking on Next would expand the "Help Center" only.

I`ll check if I face the problem again. I was trying the new tasks feature when I faced the problem.

• Like 1