Highlighting option is missing/gone on web

10 hours ago, evernoteyouthpastor said:

Hi,

When I opened up Evernote web app today, I noticed a new look in the UI. When I attempted to highlight some of my text, I noticed that the option seems to be missing from my toolbar. Any help would be great. 

What are you trying to highlight? If the text is in an "HTML content" box you will not be able to highlight it unless you "simplify and make editable" first.

Normal text should be no problem and there is now a choice of hightlighting colours

image.png.8a4706a5894b789ce10e235789eb5cd6.png

• 6 months later...

I also see the same. The highlighter disappeared from web about a month or two ago for me. I can still highlight if I use the mobile version but not in the web version. There is no text type option either, so I can't change to "Normal text" as suggested by @Mike P.

image.png.8b75c5887d8801e7c5b51d3d8d1b58b6.png

• Level 5

Sure it is available - if you activate the v10 Option in the account settings. EN provides several options to make the web client compatible with older versions, if a user wants to apply them. This is similar to the legacy clients you can install.

You are using the old version of the client, that does not support highlighting, as it does not support other v10 features.

Go to your account overview, and switch to the new web client. Then go to personal settings and activate the v10+ client, to get the latest features as well.

• 5 months later...

I just wanted to confirm that the solution presented by PinkElephant above seems to be correct. For some reason my web version of Evernote was defaulting to the classic version which has not highlighting capability. Just go to the Account button in the lower left of your screen, then on the "Account Summary" page look for "Evernote Web." In that section, make sure you're using the newer version, and not the "classic version." Doing this fixed my problem. Thanks, PinkElephant!

• Like 1