Chrome Extension: Provide for user selecting Notebook to add the webpage clip to, in case Evernote guesses wrong

itorres008

Idea

Problem
When user activates Chrome Extension to clip a page or Bookmark, the App determines what Notebook the page should go to. Presumably it is done by matching keywords. It's a good idea to save user time, but the guess may be wrong if user has notebooks whose contents share similar keywords. When the user detects the wrong notebook has ben chosen, he must waste time to log on to the website to manually move the clip to the desired Notebook.

Proposed Solution
You may keep the automatic Notebook selection procedure, but allow the user to select the desired Notebook from a dropdown of his Notebooks within the Chrome Extension (without going to the Evernote site).

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Usually in web clipper (I am not using Chrome) you can decide to switch that feature on and off. The options are a default notebook, the same as used in the clip before or the AI guessing.

You find that option in the clipper settings.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, itorres008 said:

Proposed Solution
You may keep the automatic Notebook selection procedure, but allow the user to select the desired Notebook from a dropdown of his Notebooks within the Chrome Extension (without going to the Evernote site).

This is already how the webclipper works on Chrome! There is a drop down to select the notebook if you don't like the one suggested.

image.png.64eee0d661c7fa574c015b7ca369a85b.png

Also in the settings menu for the webclipper you can choose between three different options. Personally I prefer all my webclips to go straight to my inbox where I can then tag and file them appropriately rather than do it when I'm clipping

image.png.8f09384133cba9b1d3e108922b3df00c.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, people.

As I read Pink's "Usually in web clipper" and saw Mike P's screenshot I thought "Where the heck is this??"

Through further inspection I see that I have always used right-click menu on webpage and it gives me this, where there are no options:image.png.97e4cd6018e6bdb336b79f9493e67085.png

image.png.034c372db53c9282860594672d01bd05.png

So, I will amend my request to: Add the option "Open Web Clipper" as the first option on Evernote's webpage right-click context menu, above the "Clip Bookmark", "Clip Screenshot" and "Clip full page".

Thanks.

image.png

I'm not entirely sure why it is so important to open the webclipper with a right click. The webclipper icon works well for me or you can use the keyboard shortcut (back tick `  by default but can be changed).