Please Restore Feature: Right-Click on Notebook in Left Side Panel for Submenu

this is Rona

Idea

In the Legacy version, in the left side panel, we used to be able to right-click a notebook and see a submenu - to delete, rename, etc.  That functionality is GONE in Evernote 10.12.5.  (That's the version I'm using;  I'm guessing the feature has been gone for all non-Legacy versions.)

Now we have to navigate to the list of Notebooks, find the one we're looking for, and perform actions there.  But we had a shortcut right there, in the left side panel!  Please, let us right-click there once again.  Please.

• Like 4

6 replies to this idea

12 hours ago, this is Rona said:

Now we have to navigate to the list of Notebooks, find the one we're looking for, and perform actions there.  But we had a shortcut right there, in the left side panel!  Please, let us right-click there once again.  Please.

Completely agree. And tags! The sidebar is a mere shadow of it's former glory!

• Like 3
  • Level 5*
59 minutes ago, JOrge Sanguino said:

The only option the new EN has  given is to create new Notebooks....

You're working in the sidebar; there's more options on the Notebook page    
To access the Notebook page, click the notebook icon in the sidebar

Hi DTLow - I understand that I can do it from the Notebook page, but it makes a lot more sense to be able to perform actions by right clicking on the notebooks in the sidebar.  I shouldn't have to navigate away from what I'm doing just to create a stack, or edit the name of a notebook - it makes a lot more sense to right click --> rename, or right click --> add to stack.  If you want to stick with the no-right-click-anywhere model that Evernote seems to have these days, then at least put the button with three dots next to each notebook so I can perform actions.

The entirely of Windows is structured around being able to right click for options, so it's extremely jarring to have a program that omits the feature.  It feels broken the way it is now.