Location data not displaying in web client when synced from mobile?

I created a note from iOS app, taking pictures which are geotagged.

In the app, I look at Note Info and it shows the map where the photos were taken.

But when I look at the same note and check the Note Info, it will let you enter GPS coordinates (lame, should let you pin on a map) but it doesn't display the GPS location data which is embedded in the note when I created it in the iPhone app.

Why the discrepancy?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, hyyen said:

How about at least transferring the coordinates at least?

I could have sworn it used to do it before.

The coordinates are still in the meta data of the note but it is not displayed. You can even search by coordinates but it never displays them.

7 minutes ago, hyyen said:

Well in the Note Info they were blank.  So I could have entered some values there.

This is the web client forum. In the web client (V10) there is no field for the coordinates in the note information pop up. The desktop app is the same. Where were you going to add the values? If you export the note and examine the file in a text editor you will see that the data is still there but just not being displayed in either the desktop or web app. Hopefully that will be corrected in the future.

9 hours ago, Mike P said:

This is the web client forum. In the web client (V10) there is no field for the coordinates in the note information pop up. The desktop app is the same. Where were you going to add the values? If you export the note and examine the file in a text editor you will see that the data is still there but just not being displayed in either the desktop or web app. Hopefully that will be corrected in the future.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.49.07 AM.png

Have no idea.  I'm just accessing Evernote.com on Safari browser.

The point is, the Location field is empty but when I look at the same note in the app it shows the pin on the map.

Is there a different URL to get a different web app?

You can check the version. For V10 it is from "Need a little help" at the bottom left and then release notes. From memory for older versions you can use the dropdown next to your user name at the top left.

One possible reason is that if you have more than 10000 notes you are stuck on the old web version for the moment.

I don't know whether all browsers on all systems are capable of running V10. I run Chrome on Windows. 

The only reason that it is important is that EN are not going to do anything unless it is a V10 problem. V10 has also messed up geo location data but in a different way: by retaining it, allowing you to use the advanced search syntax on it but never actually displaying it.