(Archived) Send to EverNote print driver.

I would love to see a send to evernote print driver. It would provide much of the "any app, any time" integration that the clipper tool ties to offer without the screen scrolling issues, and often the printed version of something looks nicer.

I paid a bill online today, and saw the "print this receipt for your records button". I could have done a copy and paste to get it into evernote but what I've done in the past that worked wonderfully was print, and then use the "send to OneNote" print driver. It works great, I'd love to see it in Evernote. It help with some of the "I'd like to store file format xyz in evernote and have it be searchable still". Since much of the output sent to the printer driver will be text it will be more easily, efficiently, and accurately searched than just trying to do capture it as an image and do text recognition on it.

-Shane

I'm less concerned with the format, and more concerned it goes directly to evernote. If it prints straight to Evernote and is stored as a pdf, I don't mind a bit, but if I have to install my own pdf print driver, print to a file, copy the file into evernote, then delete the file (to clean up after myself, after all it's already stored in evernote, why would I want the file left on my hard drive?) then that would be a sub-optimal solution.

-Shane

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Is there any chance of having this feature in EverNote. Microsoft OneNote has this feature and Im very much fond of using this.

I have been using EverNote for about a month now and I think this feature should be a part of this. Can anyone from EverNote Confirm if this feature will be available in the future.

Regards

This is supported on the Mac (since PDF is deeply integrated into OS X and its libraries), but this will be a lot more work on Windows. We would like to support this on Windows, but it will not be available in the near future.

• 2 years later...

I see this posted in 2008, top of the list for google search, as I myself am very interested in using a 'send to Evernote' virtual print option as what is offered by OneNote.

I did a forum search and plenty of folks still asking for the same thing well into 2011.

It is a very nice feature offered by many other applications and now after a few years, it would be wonderful to see Evernote give this feature request a little more attention.

Thanks

I did a forum search and plenty of folks still asking for the same thing well into 2011.

Then I'd imagine you saw the various posts where virtual "print to pdf" apps are suggested. IE, Cute PDF writer. I use this quite often, to get things into PDF format. Other users have suggested other apps that do the same function.

There's nothing wrong with workarounds. Most (all?) apps don't do everything every user wants it to do. And since these apps exist, I would guess incorporating it into the Windows client is low on the priority list.

Archived