Set "Convert to link" as default when pasting web links

JayJay

Idea

Is there a way to set "convert to link" as the default, when pasting urls? It's particularly annoying when I try to paste YouTube links, since I usually want to add a time stamp after the url. With the current default behavior I have to wait for Evernote to build a window/video tab (which takes a while), navigate to "Convert to link" (which takes 3 clicks), and then add the time stamp.

It's also annoying that Google Doc links are now always converted to a horizontal bar with only part of the title, so I can no longer see/copy the url itself. I use Evernote primarily as a text note keeper, and need to be able to quickly copy and paste links, urls, etc.

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

I agree and also find this very annoying with Google Doc links. At least now they offer the option to convert to a link. The best solution I have found to eliminate the process you describe is to avoid posting a URL from Google Docs (or YouTube) directly into a note. Instead I type the anchor text, highlight, create the link and paste the URL in. Obviously you lose the auto naming feature that pulls in the title of the Google Doc, but I guess you can’t have everything

Yes please. I have a note that I'm using right now to collect a list of YouTube links I want to watch, for an online event. I only need the links. I don't want little embedded videos. Honestly, I will never want little embedded videos. I don't know why anyone would ever want little embedded videos. I know it probably seemed like a really clever thing to whoever came up with this feature, but it's way more annoying than useful. (OK, I should back off a bit. Maybe somebody finds it useful. 😀)

9 hours ago, Andrew H. said:

I don't know why anyone would ever want little embedded videos. I know it probably seemed like a really clever thing to whoever came up with this feature, but it's way more annoying than useful. (OK, I should back off a bit. Maybe somebody finds it useful. 😀)

I really love the feature! I don't want it for all my links but I love being able to watch a video in the note and add my notes and comments directly underneath. I tend to use one of the larger size options.