Screen clip in new 10.85 Windows

Not a fan of the new screen clipper--I actually really loved the old shortcut Win+Print Screen.  So with this new clipping tool, what's the trick to just copy it to the clipboard instead of making it a note. It's not Shift/Ctrl, it seems like before.

Is there a way to go back to the old version?  This freezes up on me about a dozen times a day  :(

Thanx

1 hour ago, Denise Ack said:

So with this new clipping tool, what's the trick to just copy it to the clipboard instead of making it a note.

Can't currently do that. I use a different program (Gladwin printscreen) but the internal windows 10 offering (Windows snipping tool win-shift-S) works pretty well too.

You can get the legacy version here:https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314?fbclid=IwAR2TNqp-eGRH3Ds8Vfu-CiKPjYolJzZ_keR9eWQaDahJ2GN-7hwn595zI8w&__s=bsetfdgzirbvqtopurph

• Level 5*
On 3/9/2021 at 10:53 PM, Denise Ack said:

Not a fan of the new screen clipper--I actually really loved the old shortcut Win+Print Screen.  So with this new clipping tool, what's the trick to just copy it to the clipboard instead of making it a note. It's not Shift/Ctrl, it seems like before.

Is there a way to go back to the old version?  This freezes up on me about a dozen times a day  :(

Thanx

You can use the Windows screen capture, Shift+Win+S.  This will put the capture on the clipboard, Ctrl+V from there.

If you didn't know, Win+V will display your Windows copy history.  Comes in handy for grabbing previous captures, from previous days even.

On 3/12/2021 at 8:51 PM, CalS said:

You can use the Windows screen capture, Shift+Win+S.  This will put the capture on the clipboard, Ctrl+V from there.

If you didn't know, Win+V will display your Windows copy history.  Comes in handy for grabbing previous captures, from previous days even.

What's wrong with CTRL ALT S ? You can change the key combination as well...

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, eric99 said:

No problem in 10.9.10-win-ddl-public (2439)

Good to know.  FWIW Shift+Win+S comes in handy when taking captures of EN "flying" menus (those that disappear when you press the capture hotkey).  Legendary EN anyway.