There is an Excel table attached to a note that I frequently edit. Saved yesterday, but opened the file today and it's two-months old. Going to "..\Evernote\Databases\Attachments" confirms that the most recent version there is  from November 11th 2020.

Is there anything that can be done? The file is quite important.

• Level 5

For all accounts there is note history running in the background. It stores previous versions of a note, appr. once a day. One can go back in time, and create a copy of an older version, or set the note back to it.

It all depends that the content was saved to the server, and the note must still exist.

Access is a Premium feature - you would need to go Premium for a month to try to find your content. Use the web client or a desktop for access - not available on mobile.

This is how it looks for a frequently updated note:

5A0FD7EB-6F06-4645-AF3F-E0A115905AAE.thumb.jpeg.557fbb667c351a0f9f1ba58f9e4366b1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
48 minutes ago, AI28 said:

Thanks a lot @PinkElephant! I'll try that

Have to say though, deleting your files and then making you pay to restore them is basically the definition of ransomware.

Not saying something weird didn't happen to your file but typically it is cockpit error that results in a lost file.  Have done it more than once myself... 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, CalS said:

Not saying something weird didn't happen to your file but typically it is cockpit error that results in a lost file.  Have done it more than once myself... 🤷‍♂️

Definitely - if the file just disappeared, fat finger would be my first guess. But I can't explain how I could have caused it to revert to some older checkpoint without Premium. Any ideas?

P.S. Using premium to restore older version worked - thanks!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
15 minutes ago, AI28 said:

Definitely - if the file just disappeared, fat finger would be my first guess. But I can't explain how I could have caused it to revert to some older checkpoint without Premium. Any ideas?

P.S. Using premium to restore older version worked - thanks!

Could be a sync conflict.  If you don't sync when you enter and leave a platform there's a chance new stuff on the prior platform will be overwritten by stuff done to the note on the new platform.  Again, not saying that's it but it is a possibility. 

2 hours ago, CalS said:

Could be a sync conflict.  If you don't sync when you enter and leave a platform there's a chance new stuff on the prior platform will be overwritten by stuff done to the note on the new platform.  Again, not saying that's it but it is a possibility. 

I'd still consider that situation a bug though, not a user error. In the old Evernote that would result in two notes one marked as a sync conflict

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, AI28 said:

I'd still consider that situation a bug though, not a user error. In the old Evernote that would result in two notes one marked as a sync conflict

Fair enough.  Even with the old method sometimes content was lost, a real PITA.