Evernote 10.6.9 - default time for today reminders must be in the future

Walder

Idea

When I add a reminder for today the reminder's time is always 09:00. But now can be later than 09:00. If don't change the time there will be a notification "Reminders must be set in the future", you can not add the reminder. But it is so boring to set the time if the time is not important in your work. I don't remember how but there was not this kind of the problem in the previous version - I could set today without set the time. Now more clicks and more mouse movements.

Solution:

If need set a reminder for today the reminder's time must be already in the future. For example, 10 minutes later than now.

1292336854_Screenshot2021-01-20at11_49_16.png.9408ce71405c2eea5750f19bb4add87b.png

3 replies to this idea

6 hours ago, Walder said:

When I add a reminder for today the reminder's time is always 09:00. But now can be later than 09:00. If don't change the time there will be a notification "Reminders must be set in the future", you can not add the reminder. But it is so boring to set the time if the time is not important in your work. I don't remember how but there was not this kind of the problem in the previous version - I could set today without set the time. Now more clicks and more mouse movements.

Solution:

If need set a reminder for today the reminder's time must be already in the future. For example, 10 minutes later than now.

1292336854_Screenshot2021-01-20at11_49_16.png.9408ce71405c2eea5750f19bb4add87b.png

i see what you mean but i frankly think that having time is better because then you can pinpoint focus, If you want to set it today then you will have to change the time to later but i can see ow this is annoying for you.

1 hour ago, aukirk said:

This must be a bug, as v10.5 defaults Reminders for today to the next half hour.... that is the way it should be. 

ah i see what you mean. I think that when they made this change they were more focused on reminders being a future thing and not making reminders on the same day. But yes i see how that is annoying @aukirk