"Edit Protection" for notes - and the lack thereof

So at first I had no reason to doubt that the edit protection toggle button at the bottom of a note in the iOS app -  v10.3 would preserve all aspects of a note from being changed.

Well, it turns I was wrong in thinking that.

You see, there actually is more to a note than just its content:  you have tags, and notebook location.  So imagine my surprise when learning 5 minutes ago that without tapping the edit button, I can add and delete note tags,  move the note from one notebook to another, then another, and the app will sync the changes.

This seems - to me - to be a glaring defect if one thinks that making changes to a note without first tapping "Edit" a note aren't saved.

@Shane D.has this been brought to your attention?

16 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

... and if it was wrong, you go to note history, wave the magic wand, and the portkey takes you back to the same place, but to another time. 

It‘s magic !

...and where might I find this magic in the iOS app?  I don't see it in settings?

• Level 5

Note history is running for all notes on the server. Access is a Premium feature. You don’t find it on the iOS client. It is on the web client (see screenshot) or on the desktops. This is how it looks for a frequently edited note. You can set back to a prior edit status, or export any of the versions to an ENEX file, that can be loaded back as a copy of the note (if you are not sure which version to use).

43BF4C28-D9A6-424E-885D-578DB0978EA7.thumb.jpeg.d2ce5d00cedeb9f8f47eb9513ffec41f.jpeg

• Level 5

You're welcome.

It can only return what has been saved to the server before. So in case of a syncing problem, the relevant last step may be missing. But at least it has a way back to versions before, which usually allows to reset to a close version to the one that got lost.