Problem with Share menu and Evernote not working

When I try to use the Share menu on my iPhone SE, 1st gen., running the latest iOS and latest Evernote versions, I get an error message (see screenshot) that says "Session required." How do I fix that?

IMG_1839.PNG

Edited by fotofah
Wanted to confirm I'd see replies via email, but couldn't find how to do that
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just seen this, and slightly associated- I keep finding that the share option (well at least EN in it) is missing... very annoying (I have to restart mr phone - or now just noticed that using a non-safari browser shows EN in the list). 

• Level 5

My other browsers just look like Safari in their sharing options. Little wonder, they all run the Apple web kit on iOS.

Open one, move the apps row to the far right, select the 3 dots „more“ option, and look for EN in the list that will show. If it is there, activate it. 

If not, your installation may have a problem. It is then a full uninstall / reinstall. Or issue a support ticket.

I’m having the same problem after updating EN to version 10.5.1. When I try to clip a note, I receive this error saying “Session Required.” Deleting and reinstalling the app did not help. I am logged in to EN so that is not the issue. Have tried every thing I can think of to fix the problem. Need a solution. 

• 1 year later...

I was getting the "Session Required" error message on my Ipad, even though it worked fine on my laptop. It turns out it was due to exceeding my device limit. I went to "Applications" under Account on my Ipad and revoked access to an old Ipad. Also two sessions were listed under my laptop for some reason, so I deleted one of those. I no longer get the "Session Required" error message. Hope this helps, it drove me crazy for awhile.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068-Understanding-the-device-limit

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Thanks for reporting this observation.

The two sessions for the laptop may be related to have EN installed under 2 different users on that laptop. Then each installation seems to be counted as an individual „device“, even if it links to the same account and runs on the same physical computer.