Saving notes so I can read without internet

Is there a way to save some notes so I can access them even if I do not have an active internet connection? I have several times gone to recall a note that I needed for something only to find that my connection is too weak to bring the note up. It would be helpful if I expected to be in a situation with limited data access if I could already have the note saved. Is this possible in the new iOS versions?

• Level 5

You may try the offline notebook feature. It can be activated in the settings.

But with EN iOS 10.2 there are some issues:

• You better download only one notebook at a time, not "all in"
  • This will take a long time, very slow (got better, but still ...)
  • When downloaded, it will not by itself start to download new notes in these "offline" notebooks. So you are never sure if everything is there when you need it

Conclusion: Currently the feature can't be reliably used. We hope it gets fixed with future releases.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
15 minutes ago, CJG said:

Is there a way to save some notes so I can access them even if I do not have an active internet connection? I have several times gone to recall a note that I needed for something only to find that my connection is too weak to bring the note up. It would be helpful if I expected to be in a situation with limited data access if I could already have the note saved. Is this possible in the new iOS versions?

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005177-Set-up-offline-notebooks-on-mobile-devices

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Always good to have a support article on something.

However, I would not follow this one, because it will not work. What I said above is the current status, confirmed by support tickets I send after updating to EN iOS 10.2 and running into trouble. There is no newer release as of today, so no fix available.

• Like 2

Thank you. Yeah, PinkElephant wow this offline sync is terrible. I only put 21 notes offline and they're short text notes. AFAI can tell, it synced one or two and just stopped. No ability to understand which or synced or not. Because it is only a few I unsynced then resynced and it seems to have synced all offline. But given the notes, it was wildly slow and that would be a terrible way to handle if I have to do this for each note I add.