Option for reverse note writing (last minutes at the top)

PierreRiollet

Idea

I often have more interest in seeing first what I wrote at the end of a meeting or a call or many logs. 

This should require the cursor up rather than down lines after lines.

Why ? because it is a little bit like an audit trail into a crm. This is very convenient and moreover if you finish a note by some actions you would see it first !

I would be curious to know how many people could be interested in this feature. Oups perhaps this idea has been submited before so sorry for that in case.

Cheers 

Pierre

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Should be possible by 'time stamping' short notes.  For any given meeting,  use a standard subject title - "Marketing" forinstance.  Create a template maybe so that subsequent notes can be added quickly. 

You also need a text-expander like Phrase Express (or similar) that can add a date and time in a specific format.  For each new action point create a new note and add yyyymmdd hh:mm at the start of the title.

At the end of the meeting search "intitle:yyyymmdd intitle:Marketing" and sort that window in ascending or descending order.  Create a table of contents.  Done.

I don't believe Evernote should add option after option to suit individual situations like this when the overall flexibility of the application allows users to create their own preferred format. 

However I moved your request over to a voting forum so others can indicate their interest by clicking at top left.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
15 hours ago, PierreRiollet said:

I often have more interest in seeing first what I wrote at the end of a meeting or a call or many logs. 

This should require the cursor up rather than down lines after lines.

Why ? because it is a little bit like an audit trail into a crm. This is very convenient and moreover if you finish a note by some actions you would see it first !

I would be curious to know how many people could be interested in this feature. Oups perhaps this idea has been submited before so sorry for that in case.

Cheers 

Pierre

Workaround.  Create a one or two column table and insert a row at the top for each new call.  FWIW.

image.png.ed540ed7b9b0c247ac89336a3a2e38a5.png

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I just use a bullet list for this.  Position the cursor in front of the first word at the top of the list and press enter. This moves the list down and creates a new bullet at the top of the list for your new entry.