Where is the local Mac data stored in Evernote Mac Version 10.3.7 (now10.4.3)?

On 7/21/2023 at 3:30 AM, ThreeThirtyDee said:

Is it normal to have Desktop data included in a Desktop folder nested in a folder structure for Evernote ? I'm surprised to see this.

Yes, oddly. It’s how Apple organizes such things. I don’t know why. I don’t think it’s an actual copy of the files in your Documents folder.

• Level 5

The local data structure is a database to hold the note metadata, and a broad folder structure with note information and attachments.

It is not easily usable without the app, and should not be modified directly. This is the reason why it doesn't show up in spotlight search either.

I'm on Evernotes 10.58.8 on Mac OS 10.15.7. I want to find out where exactly the individual evernotes are stored offline on the Mac in case I ever need to retrieve from TimeMachine. (I don't have the free version (not worth for me to pay a hefty monthly fee) so I can only manually backup 100 Notes at a time apparently.) Please advise. I scanned through this thread and didn't find an answer.

(Additionally, suggestions for note-taking apps that sync well between iPhone and Mac that aren't Mac Notes or Evernote welcome!)

• 5 months later...

Since EN just turned off the legacy version sync, I am considering (on Mac OSX) to keep legacy EN with local DB - to have stable formatting of old notes if I want to look them up. And v10 - as a server-synchronized version. 

@PinkElephant do you know if there would be any conflict between the two EN versions running in parallel under one user account in OSX?

v10 (synced) - via AppStore - supposedly it will store data in: 
~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote

Legacy (local) - keeping the old data in:
~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote 

Thank you!!

• Level 5

First install v10 - this might remove the existing install.

Then reinstall legacy, which either finds a left over database, or will download it again.

At least this was how it worked while I still had legacy. I skipped it 18 months ago, since it was of no use any longer for me.

2 more things: Using legacy and v10 makes permanent data conversion necessary. Don’t complain about notes taking long to open, or even loss of data.

And expect legacy to fail now any other day. It will be a short lived double life, I think. I doubt it is worth the effort.

• Like 2