New notes sometimes completely *disappear* in v10.

20 minutes ago, I created a new photo note with Evernote for iOS and took two photos of an item. I named and saved the note (using the new, cumbersome interface), then moved it to another notebook. Finally, I hit the green checkmark to save it (which in previous versions was unnecessary).

10 minutes later, I sat down at my Mac—and the newest note is an empty note called "Snapshot." I went back to my iPhone, and sure enough, the photos are gone, and the newest note is simply called "Snapshot."

After photographing this item, I disassembled it and placed in the trash. I had photographed it for posterity. Now it's gone.

In all the years I've used Evernote (release and beta versions), I've never had notes just disappear. Ironically, in the past notes were saved automatically. But now that we have to tap a button to save notes, saving isn't working.

These new versions (both iOS and Mac) are complete disasters in every way.

IMG_1284.thumb.PNG.b8e1b43b9263efc4e60aac55427c7979.PNG

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I'm very sorry to hear of this,  but you are unlikely to get a specific response in the forums - please raise a support ticket. It's going to take a while for a human response, but you should immediately get a ticket number.  Do stress this is about data loss - and please let us know the eventual outcome here.  I agree the complete loss of a new note is very concerning. 

22 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I'm very sorry to hear of this,  but you are unlikely to get a specific response in the forums - please raise a support ticket. It's going to take a while for a human response, but you should immediately get a ticket number.  Do stress this is about data loss - and please let us know the eventual outcome here.  I agree the complete loss of a new note is very concerning. 

I appreciate your willingness to help. Thank you.

That said, I don't understand why your suggestion is necessary. This forum is called "Evernote for iOS Issues," so that's why I posted my experience here. If no one from Evernote reads these posts, why does the forum exist?

I don't know that I need a "specific response." I just need apps that work. I highly doubt that they can magically cause my deleted note to reappear. So, I'm not sure why I should take the time to open a support ticket, when I've already posted the issue here.

Again, I realize you're trying to help, and I do appreciate that. But if Evernote employees aren't reading these posts, the forum shouldn't exist. Evernote shouldn't have to rely upon well-meaning, thoughtful users like yourself to direct us elsewhere.

I used to love Evernote, but those days, sadly, seem to be over.

Thanks again.

• Level 5

The forum is mainly user to user. If it exists depends on users that post here and other users that draw something positive from it. It is not a structured way to get feedback from all users, because only a fraction is here, and even less are posting.

if you want to tell something to EN, there is a „Feedback“ button in the app. If you have a problem with or using the app, you can issue a support ticket.

Because all this is  between you and EN, this forum serves one purpose: Show a general view of the EN universe. Currently everything’s seems to be spinning around a black hole called v10.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, soundsgoodtome said:

if Evernote employees aren't reading these posts, the forum shouldn't exist.

Evernote employees do read these posts.  There are hundreds each day.  They will not respond to specific user about an individual issue.  If you want personal service... eventually,  use Support!

• Like 1