Evernote excruciatingly slow - copy/cut/paste/delete/type/switching between notes

This has been a problem for some time, but because I'm spending most of today trying to edit one note by moving content to other notes, it is excruciatingly slow. I've closed as many open notes as possible, but since I'm cutting, copying and pasting across notes, its inefficient to close more of them. For example, to highlight text, it can take up to 20 seconds. Then I cut, and to paste, it takes another 45 seconds. This is for 2 lines of text. My document is 46 pages long, if it is taking 1 minute to move 2 sentences, at this rate it will take me more than 920 minutes, or over 15 hours, to edit this document, simply because I'm waiting around for evernote to respond.

I'm using:

Version 7.14 (458244 Direct)
Editor: 69.3.10951 (15add1e)

I'm afraid to upgrade because a lot of people seem to be complaining about 10.x also being really slow...

DO NOT UPGRADE!!!!  I just upgraded windows 10 to the new Evernote. But now when I add a new note I counted 20 seconds before a new note window opened. I pasted a youtube URL and counted 15 seconds. To add a tag it takes 5 seconds.  It's seriously mind boggling that Evernote has launched this with so many performance issues. They used to have an amazing product but now It is unusable.  I saw another post about another notetaking product called Notion. I'm sadly going to check it out because I can't sit around waiting for notes to load and "Not responding" and the spinning green thing in the middle of the screen. 

Edited by JBS909

I am experiencing this level of slowness as well in Evernote. Ithe new version is simply unusable. 
open the program I have to wait over a minute for it to load, click on a notebook, 40, to 60 seconds to refresh the screen is typical. It’s unbelievably slow and therefore completely unusable. I loaded the new Evernote on my 2019 iMac. I kept the Classic Evernote on my 11 year old iMac and it’s pretty much instant on this much older, much lower spec machine. The contrast is night and day! Don’t these people working for Evernote use their own product? If I were them I’d take a long walk and question what I was trying to achieve, cause this ain’t working. 

I have been an early adopter and loved it all these years. Nothing came close. It was instantaneous, But this version is simply horrible. "Please wait, we are attaching your file"... seriously-- for an image-- with the circle of death?? Unusable is the right word. 

How do I roll back?

• Like 1
On 11/23/2020 at 3:00 PM, James LG said:

Unusable is the right word. 

I’m very sorry to say but that’s 100% right, unbelievably the new Evernote 10 is quite literally unusable. I say it again, don’t they even use their own app? Could it be that their version isn’t slow because their data centre is around the corner?

Oh and by the way when I say slow, just in case there was any confusion, I mean too slow to use in any way shape or form. 

• 1 year later...

WTF is going on with Evernote?!

All I see is complaints of slowness and they just stop in mid-2020. I have the latest version on my desktop; it's late Dec. 2021 and the time it takes to do just about anything, is BRUTAL. I didn't want to upgrade to this slow-motion s#it-show, but it just did it anyway. On the website they're removed any way to create a ticket. Removed any way to E-MAIL Evernote whatsoever! It's as if it simply sucks now, and they don't give a s#it !! No chat box, NO form of communication to them for fixes or complaints at all. Just go here and vent in a useless discussion forum! And I'm paying $90 a year for this *****??

Does anybody have a true functional method of contacting them???

Paul.

• Level 5

There are at least 4 ways to contact support.

1 is pretty easy to find, 2 are a bit obscured (EN could work on the customer experience for sure) and to help you out this is the direct path:

Chat is available as well (Office hours west coast), but was down for the holidays.