New Tag

4 minutes ago, ianfm said:

You'll find that there is a bit of a delay when adding or deleting tags for the search to work, if you refresh your browser after adding the tag that will sometimes help

The delay is awful, and there's no way to "refresh" on the desktop apps (at least as far as I am aware - would love to be corrected).

One of the delightful features of the legacy app is how quickly it updated searches - I could have a tag filtered/searched in Evernote, and use the web clipper to tag (or email to Evernote with a tag in subject line) and it would pop up in my filtered search in a matter of seconds. The new app gives me anxiety all the time - did my content arrive properly? Was it tagged properly? Where is it? Exactly the opposite of delightful.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

You use the words Tag and Label    
and you are searching on the Created Date

My guess is he did that just for convenience to show two recently created and tagged notes in the search window for screenshotting, but hopefully he will clarify. As I mentioned in my comment just before this one, I can personally confirm that there is a frustrating delay in how quickly the new EN search recognizes changes/tags to notes.

5 minutes ago, Paul A. said:

The delay is awful, and there's no way to "refresh" on the desktop apps (at least as far as I am aware - would love to be corrected).

One of the delightful features of the legacy app is how quickly it updated searches - I could have a tag filtered/searched in Evernote, and use the web clipper to tag (or email to Evernote with a tag in subject line) and it would pop up in my filtered search in a matter of seconds. The new app gives me anxiety all the time - did my content arrive properly? Was it tagged properly? Where is it? Exactly the opposite of delightful.

I wouldn't know about the desktop app as I use a Chromebook which is why I use the web version, certainly in the web app you can refresh your web page using the refresh button (F5 I think on windows).

• Like 1