Can't run "Append to Evernote" shortcut on Apple Watch

When I try and run a shortcut using the "Append to Evernote" on my Apple Watch I get the error "Could not run Append to Evernote. Shortcuts does not have access to your Evernote account."

See photo of the error below.

image.thumb.png.5e78841d22c8a302c05af24b6190f266.png

The same shortcut runs fine on my iPhone. You can see the shortcut details in the image below.

How can I grant access to my Evernote account so that I can run this shortcut from my Apple Watch?

iPhone 6s with iOS - 14.1

Watch Series 6 with Watch iOS - 7.0.2

image.thumb.png.bc5a085de317897b4c199f06efd0baa7.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Level 5

The problem is that the watch is not seen as an Extension to the iPhone-App. And it does not have access to the API.

As a workaround I use JustPressRecord and import the result into EN. What is nice: It makes a text transkript plus keeps the audio. Both can be shared into EN in one go, giving you the comfort to have the text, and conserve the audio for future reference. JPR costs a small fee (one time), available for iOS and Watch.

Preium account recommend when you want to import audio …

1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

The problem is that the watch is not seen as an Extension to the iPhone-App. And it does not have access to the API.

As a workaround I use JustPressRecord and import the result into EN. What is nice: It makes a text transkript plus keeps the audio. Both can be shared into EN in one go, giving you the comfort to have the text, and conserve the audio for future reference. JPR costs a small fee (one time), available for iOS and Watch.

Preium account recommend when you want to import audio …

Thanks for that advice PinkElephant! Is the import from JPR into Evernote automated? Or do you need to do something manually? Sorry for a stupid question

• Level 5

No stupid questions as far as I know. 

It syncs from the watch where you have basically only recording and replay to the iPhone app. There transcription is performed. Then you share it to EN where it creates a new note. In the sharing you can select only audio, only text or both. The app uses iCloud to sync between devices.

• 2 years later...

This is an old thread but I can confirm that as of 8/2023 the apple watch is still not able to "Append to Evernote".  It works great on the iphone itself ie: using Apple Shortcuts I can dictate an entire note which will then appear as a transcript in my EN inbox.  It's absolutely seamless and I use it quite often.  On the apple watch I get an error message that says "Could not run Append to Evernote."  As Pink was saying I now have JustPressRecord on the watch and am using that when I don't have access to my phone.  It's unfortunate that the apple watch does not have any integration with EN.  For example, would be great to see the Tasks there or to leave an impromptu note.