(Archived) Photo resolution from iPhone note to computer note

I took a picture of a customer's phone list with my iPhone, and on the iPhone, the note is clear as day. But the note that is on my laptop is very blurry, and I can't make out the extensions. Anyone know why this would happen? I would think the larger screen of the laptop would help, not hurt, the readability.

Maybe b/c it's similar to blowing up an image. IE, you scan a 3 x 5 photo & print it out as an 8 x 10. The 8 x 10 is not going to be clearer & will in fact, be blurry. (Also depends upon the resolution you scan it at, too.) I know if I write (fairly big) on the back of a business card & take a photo of it with my iPhone, it's crisper on the phone than on my desktop monitor. So if the source of the photo was writen fairly "small" (or typed or newsprint) then it would be blurry on a big monitor. I know if I'm wanting to get an article from a newspaper or magazine, I've had horrible luck with photographing it & just scan it, instead.

Just a guess.

Maybe b/c it's similar to blowing up an image. IE, you scan a 3 x 5 photo & print it out as an 8 x 10. The 8 x 10 is not going to be clearer & will in fact, be blurry. (Also depends upon the resolution you scan it at, too.) I know if I write (fairly big) on the back of a business card & take a photo of it with my iPhone, it's crisper on the phone than on my desktop monitor. So if the source of the photo was writen fairly "small" (or typed or newsprint) then it would be blurry on a big monitor. I know if I'm wanting to get an article from a newspaper or magazine, I've had horrible luck with photographing it & just scan it, instead.

Just a guess.

For an IT person, it's a very bad guess.

Please check you facts before you pass them on to others.

The image clarity on a big monitor will NOT necessarily be blurry. It depends on a number of things, starting with the resolution that the original image was captured at, and stored with. If the source image file is of reasonably high resolution, and is sent intact to your PC, and you have a high quality monitor, and a good image display program, it can be just as sharp as it is on the iPhone screen.

Below is an example of a photo I just took on my iPhone 4 using the native Camera app, and emailed to my PC as "Large" resolution.The original document was printed using a very small font, 6 point or less, and is approx. 3x5 inches. It is smaller than most newsprint.

post-23658-131906067909_thumb.jpg

From Evernote on the desktop computer, try right-clicking on the image to Open it in your preferred image editing/viewing application. Then zoom in and confirm that the image itself is good.

I think that you may just be seeing the auto-scaling behavior of images in the desktop clients, which scale big images to fit in the window.

Archived