How can I manually change the date and time information?

It is my habit to sequence my notes based on the actual date of events and I used to manually update the date and time of notes with the old version every time I make changes. As I have a new laptop, I download the latest version of Evernote and I find that I can no longer edit the "update time" of my notes. I look for the article in "Help and Learning" that Windows version supports the manual update but I cannot find the right way. What should I do? Thanks a lot!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Until this feature is added back into the most recent version of Evernote for Windows (hopefully), you'll need to use the "legacy" version 6.25 to do this as you have before. See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314 for information on getting the legacy app.

Let me suggest also that you not use your email address as your username in these forums. They are very public places, and a bad actor could snag it.

9 hours ago, nathaliekkm@gmail.com said:

It is my habit to sequence my notes based on the actual date of events and I used to manually update the date and time of notes with the old version every time I make changes. As I have a new laptop, I download the latest version of Evernote and I find that I can no longer edit the "update time" of my notes. I look for the article in "Help and Learning" that Windows version supports the manual update but I cannot find the right way. What should I do? Thanks a lot!

You can manually change the creation date and time in hte note information window. You get to that from the three dots menu at the top right of your note or with the keyboard shortcut ctrl-shift-I Just click on the date field.

So. just so I understand it.  When they were creating the new version the quality control person saw that the legacy version allowed reminder time settings to the second, but thought that time settings to the nearest half-hour in the new version was close enough.  Of course, I assume there was a quality control check independent of the programmer.  If I wanted close enough programing I would be using Google Keep for free.

5 minutes ago, rwl said:

So. just so I understand it.  When they were creating the new version the quality control person saw that the legacy version allowed reminder time settings to the second, but thought that time settings to the nearest half-hour in the new version was close enough.  Of course, I assume there was a quality control check independent of the programmer.  If I wanted close enough programing I would be using Google Keep for free.

This thread is about changing the update and creation time. You can change the creation time to the nearest 1 min

12 hours ago, nathaliekkm@gmail.com said:

Sorry, my previous post talks about updating the creation time but you actually want to change the update time. You are correct that you cannot do that other than by updating the note and therefore changing it to the current time.

2 minutes ago, Mike P said:

This thread is about changing the update and creation time. You can change the creation time to the nearest 1 min

You're right, I misread the initial post.

• Thanks 1
在 2020/10/27 在 AM12點29分, Dave-in-Decatur說:

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Until this feature is added back into the most recent version of Evernote for Windows (hopefully), you'll need to use the "legacy" version 6.25 to do this as you have before. See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314 for information on getting the legacy app.

Let me suggest also that you not use your email address as your username in these forums. They are very public places, and a bad actor could snag it.

Ok. Seem that I can only download the legacy version at this moment and see if  the later versions of Evernote for Windows will fix the problem. 

Thus, thank you for reminding me to change my username  as I didn't realize it was my email address before.