RESOLVED: Some notes cannont be openend anymore since Evernote v10...

Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

Hi Evernote team and everybody else!

I'm writing to you today because since upgrading to Evernote v10.1.7 on my Mac, some notes no longer display their content, whether on Evernote Mac or Evernote Web.

Before, all the notes displayed fine on Evernote Mac 7.14, (but I don't know about Evernote Web because I only use the Mac application in general).

Since the update, I can still find all my notes, (a priori), but some are no longer displayed. They're still visible in the notes list, in search, but if I try to display them, nothing happens, either on the Mac or on the web.

Can you help me ? I love Evernote and have been using it for years, counting on you guys to solve this out!

Cheers,

Pierre

- Device & operating system: iMac (21,5 pouces, late 2012) / macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)
- Activity log: attached below

On the two screenshots, you can see that I can display the note "Création de secteurs / sectorisation salariés et usagers Domi et Clean" but I can't display the note "DKIT Clean (nouvelle version)". It was working just fine before the update...

Evernote Mac.png

Evernote Web.png

Edited by Pierrodu21
Activity log removed
  • Level 5
  • Solution

@Pierrodu21 @AlexTT

Can you elaborate on the specific notes that cannot be opened?

Are they specific types of notes? As in, do they contain attachments, tables, etc?

How many notes do you have in your account and did you just recently update to the new version?

The reason I ask is that the initial first sync may take some time for it to complete.

Let me know as this will better enable me to further investigate.

Hello @Shane D.

Thank you so very much!

Thanks to your post, I tried to find the commonality between the notes which were visible in the list of all notes, but which I could no longer display ...

I did not find the common point ... But! To try and find the relevant notes, I displayed the list of my notebooks. And in this list, several notebooks had the number zero in parentheses. Since all of my notebooks normally contain notes, I opened each notebook one by one. Bingo! Now all my notes are displayed correctly and there is no more zero in parentheses! Maybe it was a caching issue?

Notebooks.thumb.png.e42cd50ea997c9642de837343c0fa03a.png

@AlexTT can you try the same thing? Open your list of Notebooks and try to open them one by one?

@stocky2605 thank you! I've removed my Activity log!

Cheers everybody, I'm happy now!

Edited by Pierrodu21
One screenshot removed, not relevant anymore
  • Like 1
  • Pierrodu21 changed the title to RESOLVED: Some notes cannont be openend anymore since Evernote v10...