New version is nice actually, but two features would be really needed 1) Simplify internal link creation and adding backlinks 2) Outline/ table of content functionality

yyy628

Idea

Hi there,

I am relatively new to Evernote but I like the new release as editing became smoother.

But if we can have those two features that would really appreciated.

1. Internal link. can we make it easier like just type @ then it would pop up the list of notes so that we can link the notes instead of now I need to right click and copy the link?

Further on that, can we add backlinks so the notes can be interlinked?

2. Outline. table of content, can we have a function that we can create an outline or table of contents especially for a long note? so that we can easily navigate?

Thanks

Sherry

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, yyy628 said:

2. Outline. table of content, can we have a function that we can create an outline or table of contents especially for a long note? so that we can easily navigate?

Concerning TOCs, you can still create them, but differently now.

6 hours ago, s2sailor said:

Concerning TOCs, you can still create them, but differently now.

I think the suggestion might have been about a table of contents within a note that will navigate to different sections of the note. This has been asked for in the past and personally I think it would be really useful. It is currently easier to have several shorter notes linked together via a TOC note rather than one long note.  That works well unless you need to share or print all the notes.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Mike P said:

I think the suggestion might have been about a table of contents within a note

I see.  Yes, internal links, that could be collected as a TOC within a note, have been requested before and would be useful.