Cross Notebook / Cross User Tags

ppmartin

Idea

Allow the use of tags across notebooks and users. If my partner creates a new entry in one of her shared notebooks with a given tag, and if I use the very same tag on a couple of entries in my own shared notebooks, we end up with two separate tags with the same name. Currently, I can not see all the entries with this tag, I must either select the first identical tag to see part of the notes, and then select the other identical tag to see the other part of the notes. If I select both tags, I see nothing, as although they have the same tag, it is considered as different by Evernote. To me, this is a bug.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  My definition of 'bug' is "a process that is supposed to work but clearly malfunctions or fails".  Evernote was never designed or intended to allow a third party to control the tag content of someone else's account,  so this is a feature request.  I can move the post to the correct forum to be voted on if you wish.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, ppmartin said:

Currently, I can not see all the entries with this tag

As you pointed out, when using shared notebooks, we can end up with two tags with the same  name   
A search for   tag:aaaaaaa   uses tagname and will retrieve notes with both tags

• Like 2