Request: Return Control+Cmd+M to more efficient flow (less keystrokes)

Stacey Harmon

Idea

Shift+Cmd+M is my most frequently used function in Evernote. I use it to quickly file all notes I capture to my default notebook. It happens many many times a day, each and every day.

In v10, there's an extra keystroke required to file notes using the Shift+Cmd+M feature. The notebook that appears in the filtered list is not automatically selected in the window, and requires a down arrow click to select the notebook where I want to move the note.

In legacy Evernote, the top notebook in the filtered list would already be selected, and if that was the notebook I wanted to file my note in, I could just hit return to file it – no down arrow keyboard click required. This is one of the "micro-efficiencies" of Evernote that I rely on all the time and would hate to lose.

Adding the extra key stroke to this essential workflow function is highly undesirable to me. I really hope this can be improved upon.

I've recorded the same workflow example for you in both legacy and v10 and attached them here so you can see the difference and how in v10 it takes longer to do the exact same thing. Both videos are in real time and show a common example of how I use Evernote to file something.

Legacy:

vs v10:

• Like 3

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I'm surprised no-one has suggested scripting yet  - looking at you @DTLow ;) - but I don't have his expertise,  so can't help;  I would suggest AHK or text expanders as an option.  I use a browser based app too Text Blaze which can insert text or execute short actions.

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, gazumped said:

I'm surprised no-one has suggested scripting yet

I do use an applescript to process my notes; various functions including assigning notebook

Sadly, scripting with Applescript is not yet available in v10

• Sad 1
12 hours ago, gazumped said:

I'm surprised no-one has suggested scripting yet  - looking at you @DTLow ;) - but I don't have his expertise,  so can't help;  I would suggest AHK or text expanders as an option.  I use a browser based app too Text Blaze which can insert text or execute short actions.

@gazumped Or, Evernote could just make it so that first notebook is highlighted again :)

(thanks for the workaround suggestions though...appreciate it). 

• Like 2