feature request: please improve reminder tab / reminder list

stocky2605

Idea

it would be nice, as we know it from Version 7, to have a smarter way for the reminders view. Focus should be to see when they're due automatically and a way to mark them as finished directly in the list view.

Currently I'm forced to add the column "reminder" to easily see the due date - but this changes the normal notes view, too (where I don't need the reminder column ). And still no way to mark them as finished/completed in the view.

=== Why different Views ===

In the Notes View I need space to read the note titles (don't waste space by reminder column)

In the Reminders View I need to see the due dates and maybe mark them as completed directly

So, two different views with two different needs - but controlled by a single column view that changes both, the Notes and the Reminders view.

Please reconsider this.

• Like 1

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, stocky2605 said:

it would be nice, as we know it from Version 7, to have a smarter way for the reminders view. Focus should be to see when they're due automatically and a way to mark them as finished directly in the list view.

Currently I'm forced to add the column "reminder" to easily see the due date - but this changes the normal notes view, too (where I don't need the reminder column ). And still no way to mark them as finished/completed in the view.

In the Notes View I need space to read the note titles (don't waste space by reminder column)

In the Reminders View I need to see the due dates and maybe mark them as completed directly

So, two different views with two different needs - but controlled by a single column view that changes both, the Notes and the Reminders view.

Please reconsider this.

Legacy Widows has this capability.  It would be great if it made it to both new desktop versions.  

I really don't understand the current implementation of the Reminder tab.

In the notes view I can add a reminder column, but I cannot sort by reminder there (clicking on the column title doesn't do anything)

The reminder view is exactly the same look & feel as the notes view - but is filtering notes with reminders only - now, you can sort by reminder by clicking on the column title 🙄. Unfortunately there is no way to unmark (clear reminder) notes on the fly as we know this from V7 - you have to open each note and clear the reminder there. So, the only function of the Reminder tab is filtering for reminders. Not so smart.

• Like 2
On 10/8/2020 at 5:03 PM, stocky2605 said:

Please reconsider this.

+ 1

• Thanks 1