iPhone and iPad won't sync

Go to solution Solved by Andrew H.,

I'm noticing today and yesterday that both my iPhone and iPad aren't syncing. My Mac and Windows Evernote clients seem to be doing fine, but changes aren't coming down to iPhone and iPad, and changes on the iPhone/iPad aren't syncing back up. I'm pretty sure I'm on the older iOS software. The iPhone says it's 8.24.6.370571. I've tried restarting the iPhone, but that didn't help.

• Solution

This issue seems to have straightened itself out, though I lost one note on the iPhone (not a big deal).

The error I got on that note was: "Error. The data is required. Parameter: Resource.noteGuid."

Sync in general seems to be slow now, but working.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Andrew H. said:

My Mac and Windows Evernote clients seem to be doing fine, but changes aren't coming down to iPhone and iPad, and changes on the iPhone/iPad aren't syncing back up.

Are you using the same userid/password on all devices?   
Are the iPhone and iPad online?

Beginning yesterday, 9/24/2020, iPhone and iPad won't sync with Evernote (version 8426) with an attachment.  Text notes sync fine and appear in Evernote for Windows and Evernote for Web.  Evernote for Windows and Evernote for Web work fine with text and attachments.  Both iPhone and iPad are online evidenced by text notes syncing.

• 3 years later...

Still having synch issues with iPhone, latest version of app & iOS. Evernote seems more interested in offering "Powerful New Features" than maintaining functionality that their earliest release had, like a Synch Button easily available.

Each time I finish using the app, I: Go to the three stacked lines, then click the gear, then go to the bottom and select Synch, then click Synch.

I.e., a loss of functionality.

• Level 5

Actually you can simply pull the note list down a little, and let go. You briefly see the spinning wheel indicator, showing there is some ongoing action.

For me it syncs without any fancy action, just by itself. If it doesn’t, check if background activity is allowed for the EN app in iOS settings, general.