[Feature Released in Version 10.4] Restore Email a note copy

nonenone

Idea

On 1/15/2021 at 3:56 PM, Austin G said:

That's correct. This is an ios thread. 10.4 is the ios version where this feature will return.

10.6 is the desktop version with this feature. You can update to 10.6 by installing it from here: evernote.com/download

I am on 10.6.9 on my Mac, and it still does not have the option for Email the note.  Now someone just said you MUST BE A PREMIUM member to have this feature.  Was this option changed to Premium members only?  Because I have been using Evernote free version for almost 15 years WITH the Email Note feature the entire time.  If this is true, it would explain much of the confusion.

And if that's how it is, I will continue to use Evernote Legacy, it still has the Email Note feature. I don't care much for the new look anyway.

On 9/24/2020 at 10:05 PM, Jack Lynch said:

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. You're right; we have taken this feature out of the new release. The thinking is that the "invite someone" affordance accomplishes the same thing because it emails the note.

Would you love your feedback on how "invite someone" does/doesn't meet your needs.

For what it's worth, our new design is pretty similar to Google docs (they also don't have a separate "email a copy" button.)

This is not about use cases. Let me answer in a way analogous to what I believe Steve Jobs would do: there is something elegant about seeing the Evernote logo and shared note in an email. I have had people go "oh wow that is cool". So, forget the use case and look at how delicate such a dish is. You should bring it back instead of thinking from a functional point of view only. Bring it back, and make it bold and beautiful like before.

On 3/20/2021 at 11:44 AM, Thomas JT said:

This is not about use cases. Let me answer in a way analogous to what I believe Steve Jobs would do: there is something elegant about seeing the Evernote logo and shared note in an email. I have had people go "oh wow that is cool". So, forget the use case and look at how delicate such a dish is. You should bring it back instead of thinking from a functional point of view only. Bring it back, and make it bold and beautiful like before.

@Thomas JTit's back as of January, but only for paid users.