Notes are not showing up on my PC Evernote app

I have having an issue with notes not appearing on the app on my PC.
I have all of my notes through their web portal and through my iOS app. For the app on my PC, some of the notes that are on web and iOS are missing.

I've updated the app and then deleted the app, shut down my computer, and reinstalled it. Nothing has worked.

Curious to hear if this happened to anyone, and if yes, what is the solution? Thank you!

• Level 5

When you do a normal uninstall, part of the EN system will stay on your PC. So maybe your problem survived the intended purging.

Have you forced a sync between server and local client yet ?

I think in Windows (I am mostly on a Mac) you need to press down and hold the   <alt/opt> key (or ctrl) before klicking on the sync wheel. Depending on how man notes you have, and the speed of your internet connection it may take a while to execute.

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, markkrassner said:
I have having an issue with notes not appearing on the app on my PC.
I have all of my notes through their web portal and through my iOS app. For the app on my PC, some of the notes that are on web and iOS are missing.

I've updated the app and then deleted the app, shut down my computer, and reinstalled it. Nothing has worked.

Curious to hear if this happened to anyone, and if yes, what is the solution? Thank you!

If you know which notes add a temporary tag to them on the web then go to your PC and sync and then search for the temporary tag.  Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, skgAZ said:

I've got that but partly reversed. Works on android* and web, but not pc app.

*synced successfully until Friday when I installed the Android beta

Same fix try, temp tag on the web, got to PC, sync and search for the temp tag.

• Like 1
On 8/15/2020 at 3:06 PM, CalS said:

If you know which notes add a temporary tag to them on the web then go to your PC and sync and then search for the temporary tag.  Let us know how it goes.

Thank you, I will try this and let you know.

On 8/14/2020 at 7:42 PM, PinkElephant said:

When you do a normal uninstall, part of the EN system will stay on your PC. So maybe your problem survived the intended purging.

I think in Windows (I am mostly on a Mac) you need to press down and hold the   <alt/opt> key (or ctrl) before klicking on the sync wheel. Depending on how man notes you have, and the speed of your internet connection it may take a while to execute.

This is great. Will try it out. Thank you!

On 8/14/2020 at 7:42 PM, PinkElephant said:

What do you mean by local client?

• Level 5

The desktop apps of EN have their own database. This is the local client.

The master data base is on the EN server.

When you force a sync, both databases will be compared, anything missing downloaded. The normal sync just touches notes that were added or modified.