can't insert a checkbox midsentence

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

I used to be able to click the checkbox button and insert one wherever I liked. If my thoughts included a "to do" task, I'd put a checkbox wherever that though happened to be written.

Now when I click the checkbox button it always turns the current line into a checkable item with the checkbox at the far left.

Thank goodness I can copy and paste one of my existing midsentence checkboxes in order to create more of its kind, but I wish the functionality were still there in the web client. (At least it hasn't been taken from the iOS app...)

• Level 5
  • Solution
14 hours ago, OwenG said:

I used to be able to click the checkbox button and insert one wherever I liked. If my thoughts included a "to do" task, I'd put a checkbox wherever that though happened to be written.

Now when I click the checkbox button it always turns the current line into a checkable item with the checkbox at the far left.

Thank goodness I can copy and paste one of my existing midsentence checkboxes in order to create more of its kind, but I wish the functionality were still there in the web client. (At least it hasn't been taken from the iOS app...)

Try the blue button (Insert) at top right. I find that it can insert a checkbox into the middle of a sentence.

Thank you both! Indeed, there's that big Insert button (next to a blue circle with a white "+" on it) in the top right that lets me do what I want. I hadn't noticed that.

I had also been unaware that I could change web client versions, and that's a great capability to know about.

• Like 2