Hi.

I am on Evernote 8.13.3

At some point the Evernote app for Android has stopped prompting me for pin or fingerprint.

When i touch the icon I am sent right into the list of notes.

I am not sure when this happened.
It might be at the upgrade to this version or at the upgrade to Android 10.

Even though this is rather convenient, it is not very reassuring.
I don't want everybody being able to see my notes.

Has anybody else seen this?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Seems to me someone would have to get into your phone before they can get into Evernote,  so if your phone has normal security your data is pretty safe anyway.  And have you tried sync / uninstall / reinstalling Evernote and re-setting the security?  The settings may simply have been changed / lost at some point...

• 3 years later...
  • Evernote Expert
On 8/11/2023 at 1:50 PM, AlesH said:

I have the same problem. In Evernote misssed options to set a pin and app is without it. Unistall doesnt help. Its the same still

If you are using v10.52.2 then you need to wait for the resumed release of 10.53 later this week before the PIN feature is restored. If you are on the V8 release this thread covers then the uninstall/reinstall should work.

• 6 months later...

This still remains a problem for me. I can not use PIN or fingerprint recognition on Samsung phone. No problems with iPad 

• Level 5*
On 3/14/2024 at 8:42 AM, Jibs said:

This still remains a problem for me. I can not use PIN or fingerprint recognition on Samsung phone. No problems with iPad 

What are the version numbers of your Android and Evernote?