Hyperlinks to Open in Browser

I am using the Windows app for Evernote. I used to be able to click on a hyperlink in a note, and it would open in my default browser (Chrome). As of a week or so ago, this no longer works. Nothing happens when I click on a link. If I do a right click on the link, I get the menu to edit, copy or remove, so I can copy and paste it into my browser, but I much prefer just clicking on it. I have not been able to find any solution to this online. I just updated the app and am using version 6.25.0.9084 (309084) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954). It is on a Windows 10 Surface Pro 6. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Don't know of anything specific that might cause such behaviour - my Windows app (same version) opens links in my browser quite happily.  Have you tried powering your system off and on again?  Uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

• Level 5

@LaurelV, do hyperlinks open properly in your browser from other programs, such as MS Word? If not, then perhaps the browser somehow got un-designated as the default browser; you could look around in its settings to find how to set it as default again.

If it's only not working in Evernote, then I'd try completely shutting down Evernote with File > Exit; or use the Task Manager (the red X box at top right only closes the interface). Then start Evernote again. Weird things that show up suddenly like this are often due to some code getting "stuck" in the computer's memory, and this will flush it out, as least as far as Evernote is concerned. Restarting the computer will do a more thorough "flush."

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Excellent! I suggest this several times a week in these forums, and I think over 50% of the time it works. I don't know why Evernote seems to be so susceptible to this, other than that it is a program that people keep open all the time. Anyway, glad it's fixed!