Colors

Hello! I would like an option for adding more color. As I am a visual learner, I would like to be able to color code my list of notes. And/or a kanban style board. Or, have the option to color code different tags. I was actually quite surprised that these features don't already exist, because I have become accustom to using these features in many other apps.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, ETep0715 said:

Hello! I would like an option for adding more color. As I am a visual learner, I would like to be able to color code my list of notes. And/or a kanban style board. Or, have the option to color code different tags. I was actually quite surprised that these features don't already exist, because I have become accustom to using these features in many other apps.

Hi.  More color options may be coming along in next-gen Evernote clients,  but for the moment what you see is pretty much all there is available.  Kanban style boards are possible with a multi-column table and lists of internal note links - a kind of multi-column table of contents list.

You'd need to request a full graphic display as a new feature.  I'm currently using a third-party app KanbanTool which does exactly what it says on the kan (sorry,  that's a kind of a tech-pun...).

Tags can be "styled" in the desktop versions and various colors applied - but these may not translate onto the current web clients.

Tips for organizing notes, notebooks, and tags

How to create a table of contents with links to other notes

@ETep0715 I've used https://www.kanbanote.com/  for a wile, in combination with my TSW/GTD set-up in EverNote. Not the coloroptions you mention, but an easy dragable Kanban view. I stopped using it, cause 9 great saved searches and TSW/GTD did the trick for me more than enough for smooth organisation of my life and work.

@gazumped  "Hi.  More color options may be coming along in next-gen Evernote clients,  but for the moment what you see is pretty much all there is available." Is this a general statement cause EverNote is still developed (as I believe it is) and not just maintained?  Or do you have concrete information I missed and then curious to read about?  🙂  Thx!