Hi, anyone any clue as to how the Evernote/Moleskine functionality work? The detail on the website says one thing but it doesn’t appear to do anything but allow you to take an ordinary photo as with any other paper based note. Likewise, there used to be a function for scanning business cards. This again is on the website but there’s no way of knowing how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, the help ticket function doesn’t work hence this post.

Yes as I mentioned, this is all very well but all you get is a photo. I can do that with a note on the back of an envelope. I understood it digitised the text as implied by what it says. Likewise, with business cards which it used to.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Depending on your writing,  you should find that imaged notes are still searchable in Evernote.  The app does not,  and never has translated handwriting to text characters,  whatever it says on the help pages.  Having said which:  if you take a picture of a business card and tap the thumbnail before you save it,  make sure the picture options there say 'save as business card' and you'll find the name, phone number and email address are shown as copyable text fields.  Linkedin lookups and the like no longer happen - I think Linkedin removed the API for external lookups.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Simon Paul said:

Yes as I mentioned, this is all very well but all you get is a photo. I can do that with a note on the back of an envelope. I understood it digitised the text as implied by what it says. Likewise, with business cards which it used to.

I just photo'd a business card and got this1803182366_ScreenShot2020-05-09at10_30_29AM.png.2b2a4cfeaf2a4a4adf496a6873eb1f82.png
Image of the card is at the bottom

As to Moleskine, "digitized the text"
the handwriting is run through an OCR process, and indexed for searching
If you can post a sample screenshot, I'll test it on my machine