Colored Tags or Labels

Scott Citron

Idea

I love Evernote, but would love it more if there were a way to visually tag notes with a color or label system. I have a large and growing Food Recipes notebook where I store recipes I've clipped (via Web Clipper). When in Snippet View, I'd like to add a color  or visual tag to indicate recipe favorites, for example? For now I add a tag and type in 1-5 asterisks to rate my recipes, but the asterisks are hard to see quickly.

• Like 2

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Scott Citron said:

would love it more if there were a way to visually tag notes with a color or label system.

As a workaround, you can try using colorful emojis at the start of the title, like this:

"Here is My Important Title"

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Scott Citron said:

I love Evernote, but would love it more if there were a way to visually tag notes with a color or label system. I have a large and growing Food Recipes notebook where I store recipes I've clipped (via Web Clipper). When in Snippet View, I'd like to add a color  or visual tag to indicate recipe favorites, for example? For now I add a tag and type in 1-5 asterisks to rate my recipes, but the asterisks are hard to see quickly.

You don't ;mention which platform.  If Windows desktop you can add styles to tags.  This will produce a thin line of the tag color above the note in the note list.  YMMV as to how effective that is for you.

ScreenClip.png.437f0f78699082f3a8dcb043f2aacb7c.png    ScreenClip.png.4a19c8b97c9542799eff37d8876984ce.png