I use Evernote 6.24.2.8919 (308919) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954) for Windows 10. Text display in my notes seems to be improperly scaled to the note window: lines of text run off the right/bottom edges (no matter how I adjust the window size), and when I click on text, the cursor appears below+right of where I clicked (see attached image). It's like the text is always rendered at ~110% of the actual window size. Very annoying! Any suggestions?

evernote_text_display.png

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. This looks like a very peculiar error. How long has it been happening? If it only started recently, I'd recommend the easiest fix, which is to completely shut down Evernote (File > Exit, or use the Task Manager; the red X box at top right only closes the interface), and then restart it. If that fails, reboot the computer. This often clears out junk that has gotten "stuck" in memory. Please report back on success or lack thereof!

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, twentynine said:

I use Evernote 6.24.2.8919 (308919) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954) for Windows 10. Text display in my notes seems to be improperly scaled to the note window: lines of text run off the right/bottom edges (no matter how I adjust the window size), and when I click on text, the cursor appears below+right of where I clicked (see attached image). It's like the text is always rendered at ~110% of the actual window size. Very annoying! Any suggestions?

Is this a web clipping or a copy/paste of a web page? This sort of thing can happen when formatting from a web page and Evernote don't get along. It's annoying. If it's a web clipper thing, you might try to re-clip it as a simplified web page.

53 minutes ago, jefito said:

Is this a web clipping or a copy/paste of a web page? This sort of thing can happen when formatting from a web page and Evernote don't get along. It's annoying. If it's a web clipper thing, you might try to re-clip it as a simplified web page.

Restarting fixed things (see above), but in case this affects anyone else- this wasn't a web clipping, it also happened just from opening a new note and typing into it. If it happens again or I figure out in more detail how to recreate it, I'll share that here.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
16 hours ago, twentynine said:

Well now I feel dumb- yes, File->Exit then relaunch seems to put things back to normal. In the past I'd only ever tried "restarting" Evernote via red X box. Lesson learned, thank you!!!

Super, glad that fixed it! Don't feel dumb -- you'd be amazed how often that answer is given here!