Evernote Mac Version Disappointing!

I'm utterly disappointed at the Mac version of Evernote. There are things that the web version can do that you can't do with the Mac. Such things like selecting different highlight colors, optimize for readability and to take a photo from within the app itself. 

I bet there are other features that still isn't up to par with the web version or even the PC version. I wish they revamp the interface and include those features that are found in the web version on the Mac as well. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, VirgilV said:

I bet there are other features that still isn't up to par with the web version or even the PC version. I wish they revamp the interface and include those features that are found in the web version on the Mac as well. 

There is a project to "revamp" the UI on each platform   
The web version you're working with may be a beta version from that project  

Generally, the Mac/Win platforms have been full featured and the other platforms "disappointing"   
Examples; tag hierarchy, merging notes, exporting data, multiple note windows
For myself, I am a frequent user of Evernote/Mac's integration with Applescript

btw  Evernote/Mac can "take a photo from within the app itself"

• Level 5

Or in short words: All clients are in waiting to be relaunched, to a level similar to the one the WebClient already shows. This is not specific to any of the clients, because the current WebClient serves as a testing ground for the new features to come. A release date is not known.

• 4 months later...
On 3/11/2020 at 4:32 AM, DTLow said:

btw  Evernote/Mac can "take a photo from within the app itself"

For me, it USED to be able to do this. For the life of me, I cannot get that functionality back anymore. The CAMERA icon used to allow me to snap a pic of myself and pop it into my note. I LOVED doing this for my daily journal. It's what kept it fun for me. Now, it just brings up a short bunch of clip art images. What the heck??? How can I fix this on my Macbook Pro? Please help me get that back! :) 

• Level 5

??? MacBook Pro, Catalina 10.15.6, EN 7.14 Direct:

Open EN, open a note (a new one, or existing), go into it by positioning the cursor somewhere in the note (text) body.

Click on the camera symbol in the tools menu bar, 3rd symbol from the right. A little window opens.

There are 2 options, Standard and Camera. Choose Camera, click on the camera symbol below the live picture. It will start a little 3-second countdown, so "cheese ...". You can zoom into the picture, or use some filters on it (had some problems with the filters tool, but it works without). When you click on ready, the picture is posted inside of the note.

Standard will show clip art.

You need to allow EN access to the camera, in the Macs system settings, Privacy & Security.