We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
CAVOK

Two step verification and Google Authenticator

I am trying to set up two step verification. I have done successfully the first steps, email confirmation and link to my mobile. However, I am then asked to install with the optional clause to set up "Google Authenticator." I don't want this as it adds another level of complexity, I just want the authenticator number to go to my connected mobile from Evernote to close the security loop. 

I can see no way to skip the Google Authenticator set up ? No skip options offered. 

When I just click on the screen the google authenticator box disappears and the whole set up process is cancelled. 

Any suggestions ?

I am using a PC on the web to access evernote and settings, all software upgraded to latest. My mobile is an iphone.

thank you

Peter

Hi @CAVOK. Since you are a paid member, you are not required to use an authenticator app. There's a skip link on the authenticator download page. Please see the attached screenshot.

skip.thumb.png.05cb635eba5bc2187effd8a73bd232a8.png

• Like 1

I've tryied two times to enable 2 step verification but it did not worked. I received code on my phone and used it but did not got it enabled.

I must doing something wrong.
I use Android phone and Web versions with chrome.

But now I do not know what browser I used in that time. Edge or Chrome, using Windows 10.

Probably it makes sense to contact support about this. They can take you through it step by step.