Having two Evernote accounts

Meghna

Idea

Hi, I currently have a personal Evernote account where I journal etc. I want to have a seperate account for my school stuff and want to be able to switch between both these emails easily. Is this possible? Will premium make this possible?

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Meghna said:

I currently have a personal Evernote account where I journal etc. I want to have a seperate account for my school stuff and want to be able to switch between both these emails easily. Is this possible?

On Evernote/Mac, we can have both accounts opened at the same time; with easy switching   
Easy switching is not available for Evernote/IOS

Personally, I only use a single account for all my work   
All notes are dated and tagged    
Using the search/filter feature, I generate different views: Journal, School, ...

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Meghna said:

Hi, I currently have a personal Evernote account where I journal etc. I want to have a seperate account for my school stuff and want to be able to switch between both these emails easily. Is this possible? Will premium make this possible?

I have two Evernote accounts, a premium account one personal use and basic account for work. I work at home sometimes and at the office other times. I use the Windows and Android Evernote applications (and the web app sometimes, too). At home on my Windows desktop, I can have both accounts open at the same time. At work, I don't want most of my personal notes on my work machine, so I solve this a different way: I share certain notebooks to my work account, and don't share the others. This lets me see a subset of my personal account with my work account, without needing to switch. This generally works fine.

On my Android phone, I could switch accounts back and forth, but I really don't need to see a lot of work stuff on my phone, and switching requires pulling down notes from the server, because you can only have one account open at a time. So again, I use notebook sharing to make this simple: I share a couple of notebook from my work account to my personal account, and then I can see those notebooks on my phone.

With respect to Evernote for Windows and multiple accounts, this page says:

Note: You can add up to 5 accounts in Evernote for Windows, as long as at least one of them is Premium or Business. 

• Like 2

Thank you both, that is very useful!

Do you know if you can easily switch accounts on the ipad?

Is it possible to have premium shared on both accounts or it's a subscription per account..?

Thanks!

• Level 5

It is one subscription per account. Except for the business accounts (which is a business plus a individual Premium account for personal use) there are no bundles of accounts „for sale“. Even if you create 2 accounts for yourself, they are treated as 2 entities, each with it’s own database on the server.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Meghna said:

Do you know if you can easily switch accounts on the ipad?

Is it possible to have premium shared on both accounts or it's a subscription per account..?

No, account switching is not easy on the iPad.  It's basically log out/in

No, premium can not be shared between accounts