Future Reminders

LDB

Idea

I would like to see a function where a reminder for an event or task to be accomplished in the future does not appear in the reminder list until the date I specify.  For instance, if I have a project with a task to be accomplished in a year, I would like to be able to set that reminder, with an alert to come up, say, 30 days before it is due - but to have that reminder sleep somewhere away from my current reminder list until I need it. 

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, LDB said:

have that reminder sleep somewhere away from my current reminder list until I need it. 

I generate note lists using saved searches
The search for my current task list is 
reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*   
(all reminders, exclude future dated, exclude completed)

The search feature is documented at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828

• Level 5*
On 12/26/2019 at 3:14 PM, LDB said:

How do I tag this feature request so EN sees it with other requests about reminders?

At the top of the post, under the "Asked by LDB" line, you should see a '+' button. Click is and type "Reminders"

• Level 5*

Actually is should say "+ ADD TAG", but if you're not seeing it, it may be a restriction based on number of posts you've made in the forums. As the post creator, you should be able to tag it appropriately, in my opinion.

• Level 5*
On 12/26/2019 at 1:02 PM, LDB said:

I would like to see a function where a reminder for an event or task to be accomplished in the future does not appear in the reminder list until the date I specify.  For instance, if I have a project with a task to be accomplished in a year, I would like to be able to set that reminder, with an alert to come up, say, 30 days before it is due - but to have that reminder sleep somewhere away from my current reminder list until I need it. 

Workaround.  FollowUpThen will let you send yourself reminders via email.  You can include the link to the EN note in the email if you like.  So send yourself an email 30 days before the due date with note link embedded.  FWIW.