More Export and Print Tools Needed

Gump

Idea

For some time, Evernote has limited users to exporting only individual notes to PDF, HTML, etc.  I find the exports in HTML to be sloppy, but I'm puzzed why there isn't an option to export "selected notes" into one file (ie: a PDF).  It seems like such an obvious oversight.

Does anyone know of a tool that can do what I need?   That is, select (for example) one notebook and export the notes there, correctly-formatted in a selected order, into a PDF, *.doc, etc?   

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I moved the discussion to the feature request forum.

Evernote has an Export function into formats ENEX or HTML (Mac/Windows)    
I can also print to PDF

>>I find the exports in HTML to be sloppy

This is the format I use.  Why do you find it "sloppy"?199424880_ScreenShot2019-12-20at11_59_34AM.png.24890d1d4727228ff2f8966b542cb148.png
The attached is an example from my Daily Journal Note
For myself, it's perfect
- the note contents are in an .html file, editable; readable by any web browser app
- the note attachments are in a resources folder, referenced by the .html file, or individually

>>export the notes there, correctly-formatted in a selected order, into a PDF, *.doc, etc?   

HTML seems more ubiquious than pdf/doc
What's your expectation for note attachment files?

>>The HTML formatting, apart from again being limited apparently to individual notes, doesn't preserve some data like data, timestamp, etc. 

The screenshot shows the html code from a sample exported note1805561994_ScreenShot2019-12-20at12_16_37PM.png.9260948eba62c34b3ba106c52b1b2872.png

We have tags (keywords), timestamp and other metadata
- missing note-id and notebook

Confirmed, it's a one-to-one export; notes are not consolidated
fwiw  We also get an index file
1728928930_ScreenShot2019-12-20at12_24_53PM.png.a7ca0c2fd151837cebf4a4145c5db3e1.png

The HTML formatting, apart from again being limited apparently to individual notes, doesn't preserve some data like data, timestamp, etc.   

I have literally scores of notes I need to export for another purpose; there needs to be a tool or option from Evernote to do this better -- I submitted the suggestion.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Gump said:

For some time, Evernote has limited users to exporting only individual notes to PDF, HTML, etc.  I find the exports in HTML to be sloppy, but I'm puzzed why there isn't an option to export "selected notes" into one file (ie: a PDF).  It seems like such an obvious oversight.

Does anyone know of a tool that can do what I need?   That is, select (for example) one notebook and export the notes there, correctly-formatted in a selected order, into a PDF, *.doc, etc?   

May not be exactly what you want -

1. Highlight the notes in question
  2. Select print
  3. Select a PDF printer
  4. Save the file

You will get one PDF file with all the highlighted  notes contained therein, in the order of the list.  Tools - Options - Printing lets you set what attributes of the note you want to include in the PDF.  Windows anyway, easy for you to test.  FWIW.

Image.png.79ae6f219ba8ad47a14f427f41ab7ba7.png